So You Want to be A Peace Officer
All persons employed in the State of 乔治亚州 as a Peace Officer or Jailer must meet minimum training standards established by the 乔治亚州 Peace Officers Standards and Training Council (POST).
Persons employed as Peace Officers must satisfactorily complete an 11-week minimum standards course taught at one of the regional police academies and the 乔治亚州 公共安全 Training Center in Forsyth, 乔治亚州.
Persons employed as Jailers must satisfactorily complete a two-week course taught at various locations throughout the State of 乔治亚州.
Qualifications for a Sheriff's Detention Officer
- High School Graduate or possess a GED certificate.
- At least 20 years of age.
- Good moral character (able to complete extensive background investigation).
- No criminal convictions for a felony or crimes involving moral turpitude.
- Pass physical examination, including drug testing.
- Successfully complete an oral review by a panel of 治安官办公室 staff.
- Possess a valid 乔治亚州 Drivers License, at least class C, and a satisfactory Drivers History.
- Must pass a Two Basic Jail Officer Class for P.O.S.T. 认证
Qualifications for a Sheriff's Deputy are the same as for
Sheriff's Detention Officer with the following additional requirements:
- Must be able to pass a Physical Agility Test mandated by P.O.S.T.
- Must complete the Basic Mandate Class in order to be P.O.S.T. 认证.
The 桃县 治安官办公室 is an equal opportunity employer.
Pick up an application at the:
桃县 Law Enforcement Center
1007 Spruce Street Extension
Fort Valley, 乔治亚州 31030
Or click here to download
» PCSO Application for 就业 in Adobe PDF